Serie A Week 20
Sat Jan 19th 2019, 20:30 PM
Inter – Sassuolo
Giuseppe Meazza/San Siro (Cloudy – 4℃)
Inter are set to start the 2019 Serie A season against 11th place Sassuolo. With Inter’s 6-2 thrashing last week against Serie B side, Benevento and Sassuolo’s recent form drop, the win seems to be inevitable…on paper.
Here’s a breakdown of the match:
- Inter have lost seven of their last eight Serie A meetings against Sassuolo (including each of the last four), failing to score more than once per game in the process.
- Sassuolo have won seven Serie A matches against Inter, more than against any other side in the top-flight.
- Inter have won four Serie A matches against Sassuolo, two of them by a 7-0 scoreline: those are two of Sassuolo’s three heaviest defeats in the competition.
- Inter have won 1-0 in three of their last four Serie A games, drawing the remaining one against Chievo.
- Sassuolo have only won one of their last eight Serie A matches (against Frosinone in December), drawing four and losing three.
In Serie A Sassuolo is #7 for number of goal and assist.
Their Key Player is Boateng, able to link the midfield with the attacking players coming from the wings.
Ferrari and DiFrancesco are not 100% in shape, Peluso and Babacar are ready to take their spot. In that case we’ll have Boateng on the left, Babacar in the middle and Berardi on the right.
Sassuolo won the last 3 game they played at San Siro. De Zerbi, Sassuolo’s coach, takes his inspirations and technical “credo” from Guardiola, but in the recent past he won just once against Spalletti, in the first game of this season.
Ex players of this match:
Sassuolo: Politano and Vrsaljko