Sun Feb 24th 2019, 20:30 PM
Fiorentina – Inter
- Fiorentina is unbeaten in the last 6 matches in Serie A (2W, 4D).
- In the last 11 matches between Fiorentina and Inter in Florence there have been an average of 3 goals scored (3.8, 49 goals in total)
- Fiorentina is unbeaten at home against Inter since February 2014 (3W, 1D) when Icardi & Palacio scored for the final 1-2.
- Fiorentina have won just one of its last 7 home games in Serie A(4D, 2L). Previous to that they had a 4 win strike.
Match Facts & Team News:
- Manager Luciano Spalletti will have to do without the services of Mauro Icardi & Keita Balde.
- The Argentine has been subject to media drama & complications and does not look like returning anytime soon.
- CB Pazzella (left knee) & LW Mirallas (calf) miss this one.
- Pjaka is expected to get some minutes in this fixture.
- Giovanni Simeone is also expected to take some part.
- It is not a good time for Mauro Icardi to go missing. The Argentine has 10 goals against the Viola, with 8 of them coming in the last 4 meetings between the two clubs.
- Marcelo Brozovic (496) has made more passes than any else so far in the league. Meanwhile, Stefan De Vrij’s next appearance in Serie A will be No.100.
- Kwadwo Asamoah’s last goal in Serie A was against Fiorentina, coming back in March 2014.
- Radja Nainggolan has netted 3 times against the Viola, scoring more only against Bologna (4) and ironically enough, Inter (5).
- Fiorentina: Benassi, coach Pioli
- Inter: Borja Valero, Vecino
Both sides couldn’t be more desperate for three points at this stage of the season. With Milan breathing down Inter’s neck, and Fiorentina keen to keep the pace with the Europa League places, both sides will be up for this one.
I think the key men for Inter will be Ivan Perisic & Raja Nainggolan, who have seen their recent form create shockwaves of excitement for the first time this season. Accompany this with a solid Skriniar-De Vrij performance and Inter just may be able to collect three precious away points.
Fiorentina 0-1 Inter